KUALA LUMPUR, 28 SEPTEMBER 2016 – The Communications and Multimedia Consumer Forum of Malaysia (CFM) held its 16th Annual General Meeting in The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) auditorium today. At today’s AGM, CFM discussed numerous ways to enhance consumer empowerment in communications and multimedia services.
For the year 2015/2016, CFM has strengthened its complaints management and resolution by introducing MY Mobile Rights, Malaysia’s first one – stop telco consumers’ complaints submission mobile application. The app acts as an additional but important platform for consumers to lodge a complaint on communications and multimedia services right from their smart phone, right at the tip of their fingers.
“In 2015, over 97% of complaints were resolved by CFM and the remaining 3% were resolved within the first quarter of 2016. MY MOBILE RIGHTS has helped to facilitate the complaints process by design, as it provides for a better consumer experience through a purpose designed interface which is more intuitive and minimalist. CFM’s Complaints and Compliance Management Department is working closely with the various Services Providers to ensure all cases will be solved in a time manner as per mandated by the General Consumer Code of Practice for the Communications and Multimedia Industry Malaysia (GCC) every year,” said the Chairman of CFM, Megat Ishak Maamunor Rashid.
|TOTAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY CFM|
|2016||4,748||As of August 2016|
|2015||7,326||INCREASED6.11%||· 97% were resolved in 2015· 3% were resolved infirst quarter 2016|
In his address to the meeting, CFM Chairman’s announced that as of August 2016, CFM has received 4,748 complaints through our various complaint channels such as:
|COMPLAINT ONLINE PORTAL (COP)||www.complaint.cfm.org.my|
|CONSUMER HOTLINE||1 – 800 – 12 – 2222|
|MOBILE APPLICATION||Download ‘MY MOBILE RIGHTS” on Google Play Store|
|WALK IN||CFMMALAYSIAN COMMUNICATIONS AND MULTIMEDIA COMMISSION (MCMC) OLD BUILDING, OFF PERSIARAN MULTIMEDIA, JALAN IMPACT, 6300 CYBERJAYA, SELANGOR|
After reviewing the complaints received by CFM in 2015, its Chairman underlined: “We delivered this performance in 2015 while at the same time improving the time taken to resolve 100% complaints received this year in 2016. We are aware of the many challenges faced by communications and multimedia consumers in Malaysia, but also of the numerous ways and we are organizing ourselves to provide the best platform of complaint management for the consumers.”
Among the items discussed by members of the Communications and Multimedia Consumer Forum of Malaysia at their 16th AGM were:
- To strengthen complaints management and resolution performance
- To reduce the time taken to resolve complaints for at the most 30 days for 95% of complaints received
- To enhance consumer awareness and optimize membership engagement for both supply and demand
CFM is mandated by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) to provide avenues for lodging complaints relating to consumer matters as well as to facilitate the resolution of such complaints. CFM also engages with all stakeholders in the industry to promote self – regulation through the development of industry best practices aimed at minimizing consumer – related issues.
For more information on CFM performance in 2015, please read our 2015 CFM Annual Report at www.issuu.com/cfm_agm/docs
The Communications and Multimedia Consumer Forum of Malaysia (CFM) was established and designated by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) in 2001. It is a platform for the industry and the consumers/public to make coherent and constructive contributions to service improvements and policy development.
CFM is tasked with, amongst others, to promote the growth of Malaysia’s communications and multimedia industry and the protection of consumer interests by fostering the highest standards of business ethics and behaviour through industry self-governance. CFM is also a channel for complaints redress on Communications and Multimedia services.
If you have unresolved complaints about your Communications and Multimedia services, please lodge your complaint by visiting CFM’s complaint portal, www.complaint.cfm.org.my or call our toll-free number 1-800-18-2222. For more information, visit CFM’s website at www.cfm.my or write in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Razaleigh Zain email@example.com 019-4170766
Roharrashidah Abdul Halil firstname.lastname@example.org 016-9642972